Just to let everyone know that the inaugural Wharekawa Marae Rā Hakinakina – Wharekawa Marae Sports and Hauora day is on Saturday 14th October. We’ve planned it to be a fun day for everyone to:
- Encourage and enable whanaungatanga
- Enjoy positive, fun activities for all the whānau
- Promote healthy lifestyles and healthy lifestyle choices for whānau
- Promote our reo and tikanga
- touch (Kaiaua Primary School)
- petanque (Kaiaua Primary School)
- hauora booths provided by Māori health providers (Wharekawa Marae)
- driver’s licensing information stand (Wharekawa Marae)
- The mobile stardome for those who wish to learn about tirotiro whetu and our connected world (Wharekawa Marae).
The day commences with a pōwhiri at 9 am at Wharekawa marae. The touch and petanque will commence at 9:30 am at Kaiaua Primary School (following the pōwhiri).
We encourage whānau to come along, bring a picnic and enjoy the day.
The day will conclude with karakia whakamutunga around 2 pm.
If you have any queries or may want to help out on the day please contact either Morehu Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org and 027 4868241) or David Rameka (email@example.com and 021 2428481).